- Question: If Community isn’t renewed and this is your last day on set ever, what will you take away from this experience and what will you miss the most?
- Gillian Jacobs: I’m going to cry. It so far exceeded my expectations of what the show would be. This is one of the best pilots I’ve ever read, so already my expectations were high. Then shooting the pilot -
- [Jacobs begins to cry.]
- Yvette Nicole Brown: Oh, it’s OK, Stinkers. She’s such a pretty crier. My God, she’s a pretty crier.
- Gillian Jacobs: I’ve never worked with a group of people that have impressed me so consistently on such a daily basis. I feel like given the nature of this show, we’ve been thrown everything from an action movie to a noir to My Dinner With Andre. Everybody rose to it every single week. The writing and the creativity and the scope and the ambition of the show has been— [Jacobs’s sobbing becomes ragged.]
- Yvette Nicole Brown: Oh, well. I can’t sit here and not hug you.
- [Brown and Brie embrace Jacobs.]
- Gillian Jacobs: Yeah. For all the people that have only heard about our show—it’s spoofs, it’s pop culture, it’s genre—they’re missing the fact that these are different, new characters on television that people have grown to love. So even when we do an episode which is set in the apartment and there’s no obvious spoof or takeoff, people still want to watch it because they love and care about these characters.
- [Brie begins to cry.]
- Yvette Nicole Brown: Oh, Stinker, what’s happening? Oh, my girls. Oh, my little pumpkins.
Stuff I like (all)
- On the twelfth day of ChrisTMAS, my true love gave to me:
12 Tatiana Maslanies
11 Tatiana Maslanies
10 Tatiana Maslanies